Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Connectivity & Data Prep

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Announcements
Our May 2021 end-to-end product release from Data Integration to Data Analytics is out! READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjamesking
Creator
Creator

Tool to create MDX query to extract data from cube

Hi,

Last year I found, via the comminuty this tool http://xthview.com/index.php/download/

which provided a niuce way of conecting to a cube and writing nicely structured MDX simply through making selections. Much better structure than you get through design mode in SSMS.

The download has disappeared though, and I no longer have a copy. Does anyone have the tool? A guy called Bruno Marques posted the link, and developed the tool but his community account seems to be deactivated?

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Matt,

I just went to that link you provided and am able to download both the exe file & its pdf manual (though I haven't run it as I notice the exe link is from another source, which makes me a bit suspicious).

Would you try again and see if you could do it this time?

Anton

View solution in original post

5 Replies
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Matt,

I just went to that link you provided and am able to download both the exe file & its pdf manual (though I haven't run it as I notice the exe link is from another source, which makes me a bit suspicious).

Would you try again and see if you could do it this time?

Anton

View solution in original post

mjamesking
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Anton - looks like the link works again.

mjamesking
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually, trying to download now, the links seem to be broken again. I get an unregistered domain for the download, and a page does not exist from dropbox for the manual

maxkruew
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am also interested in the tool. However, the link still does not seem to work, is there any other way to get the tool?

Best regards,

Max

pascal_theurot
Partner
Partner

Hello,

I attach an old version of the tool.

I've used it a lot in the past.

Pascal