Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogatchell
Contributor III
Contributor III

Wanted: someone who knows QVX SDK

Please contact me if you know how to use the QVX SDK. 

We are working with QVX SDK sample code. After compiling the sample code, we then copy this over to Qlik Sense (Desktop); but when we go to Sense to add features, such as adding file name, a sample code dialogue comes up & Sense locks up. 

Are there any consultants in or outside of Qlik who can advise?

7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have some experience with the QVX SDK.  When you say "when we go to Sense to add features, such as adding file name" do you editing the connector?  Which sample are you using?

-Rob

ogatchell
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sample code works for me.

In Data Load Editor, Create New Connection.  
The Custom Connector shows up.
Annotation 2019-01-08 154409.jpg

It Loads 
Annotation 2019-01-08 145512.jpg

This is where the trouble begins...
I change the name of the project from EventLogSimple to Brainstorm
I try to add and extend this form.
Annotation 2019-01-08 153917.jpg
Annotation 2019-01-08 153958.jpg

At this point Qlik no longer displays the connection dialog. I'm thinking now that it's related to the name change more than the trying to extend and add fields. The documentation is silent on how Qlik finds the connection dialog files.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can't see your jpg files.  I did respond to your note on my contact page. Did you get my response? Or perhaps it's in your spam?

-Rob

ogatchell
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, Rob

I found your email in spam and will get back to you. In the meantime, here is the original post with images.

Sample code works for me. In Data Load Editor, Create New Connection. 

gayle1.jpg

It Loads

gayle2.jpg

This is where I have trouble... I change the name of the project from EventLogSimple to Brainstorm.

gayle3.jpg

gayle4.jpg

At this point Qlik no longer displays the connection dialog. I'm thinking now that it's related to the name change more than the trying to extend and add fields. The documentation is silent on how Qlik finds the connection dialog files.

Oliver

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In Qlik Sense, take a look at your Devtools console for error messages. 

Ctrl-Shift-RightClick, Show Dev Tools.

-Rob

ogatchell
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, Rob I found your response in spam and will answer. In the meantime, here's the original post with images.

Sample code works for me. In Data Load Editor, Create New Connection. My Custom Connector shows up.

gayle1.jpg

It Loads

gayle2.jpg

This is where I have trouble...
I change the name of the project from EventLogSimple to Brainstorm

gayle3.jpg 

ogatchell
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, Rob
We'll see if this helps and respond with results. Also, please disregard the 3rd partial post. The 2nd post appeared not to work prompting a 3rd attempt.