Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Which Big Query Connection has fast response Simba Driver(External Driver ) or Qlik Google BigQuery Connector (Internal driver)

Hi team,

We are using Qlik Google BigQuery Connector (Internal driver) to extract data from big Query database which is 3 times slower than Amazon Redshift. We are trying to optimise the extraction. I have a found a Qlik document which says there is another kind of connection we can establish with Google Big Query which is SIMBA driver (External driver).

I want to know Which Big Query Connection has fast response Simba Driver(External Driver ) or Qlik Google BigQuery Connector (Internal driver) ?

Anything I can request to Database team so SQL Big Query run faster?

Thanks,

Rohit

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

We are starting to use google big query and loading 2 million rows takes 8 mins. 

Looking at the documentation it states there are load optimisation options when creating a connection but I can't see this in the connection creation dialog box. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Google...

Any help would be much appreciated. 

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Using which connector doesn't matter. You can download 2 million record at once and setup incremental load later. 

Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for replying, we upgraded our Qlik Sense to November 2021 and the load optimisation options appeared, but this didn't improve times. 

We think it might be to do with our on premise set up, we will be moving to client managed cloud set up soon in the future, but incremental will have to do for now.