cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with OData relational data

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty working with relational data through OData. For example: imagine I have a Product collection which has a simple relationship with a VAT collection. One Product always has a relationship to one VAT.  When I try to retrieve the Product collection with expanded VAT data (through $expand=VAT) I get a table which looks like the following:

idNameVATRef_EntryVAT percentage
1Spade3
3VAT 20%20%
2Ball4
4VAT 20%20%

So instead of adding the columns from the expanded VAT data to the Product rows it gets put into new rows. So I end up with a freak table that now has Product and VAT rows for every reference that exists. Am I overlooking something here? Can I retrieve a Product table with VAT percentage on the same row?

Perhaps unrelated but what is the use of the _Feed and _Entry columns? The connector states that these can be used as new inputs for resource parameters. But these column names are generated by the connector and probably don't exist as resource path on the service. So I now have _Feed and _Entry columns which contain the href values with which I can do.. nothing? Is there any documentation on this subject? I could only find this page: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Data-Source-Connectors... which doesn't help.

Looking for any help anyone can offer on working with relational data coming out of an OData source

1 Reply
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

late reply but maybe useful still:

_Feed and _Entry columns can be used as new resources like this for example:

ChangeRequests(11)/StatusAndDecision

where ChangeRequests is the list name and StatusAndDecision is the field. 11 is just one of many values, you will need to loop to get them all and then join them or ApplyMap them on the full list.

ChangeRequests(11)/StatusAndDecision is one of the values you get in the field StatusAndDecision_Entry when you run the GetData for the whole list.

Capture.PNG