Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diego_rueda
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

multiple rows with diferent xml

Hi,

I have a table with 400.000 rows and each row has its own xml information with multiple fields. I need to read this table and convert each row in multiple fields with values. All rows create the same fields.

I was try to use from field sentence and make a for cycle for each row, but it works slowly  and the process will take around 32 hours. Somebody Knows how to do this converting all information at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think your approach is quite fast - for this what happens ... it needs around 0.3 seconds to initialize a load which always has an overhead (which is here much larger as the real data).

The only way which I could imagine at the moment is to adjust the xml. This means to remove (with various string-functions) the header/footer from the xml and/or adjust/extend it with additionally information like the record-id or something similar and to add the content row by row in a (preceeding) load (chain) with interrecord-functions like previous/peek. I'm not sure if it will work with all records in a single run but it this approach should reduce the number of loadings significantely. And of course in the end it must return a valid xml-statement again.

- Marcus