cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Cannot parse data in selected response type"

Hello there,

I have a problem with loading data to Qlik Sense with REST driver.

I have tried to load JSON, XML and CSV data (same data but in different formats). I can display them in add data form (see attachment load_form.png) but when I am trying to load selected data in then i throws me multiple times error (see attachment error.png). I have tried to load this data with Web File Driver but it is throwing same error.

I thought that this might be a problem with encoding but I have tried encoding UTF-8 and still nothing (UTF-8 xml files from e.g. SOLR are working correctly). I couldn't find other requirements for load data.

Do you have any idea whats wrong? What else should I add to the file to get it working?

Any help is really appreciated.

Data is in file (1).csv

12 Replies
sourabhverma107
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Steve,

Thank You for the response.

I will try the Web File Connector for this requirement.

As earlier i was going through Rest Connector article below in which its mentioned that Data Type which is supported by Rest connector are XML\JSON\CSV file, so i was thinking if i can use rest connection to get the data from the attached CSV file.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/REST-c...

Thanks,
Sourabh

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @sourabhverma107 

That's certainly interesting. The sort of APIs you typically connect to with the REST connector will use JSON or XML, so I have not tried pulling a CSV that way. The document definitely suggests it should be possible.

Can you create CSVs and place them at the end point? You could try with different file encodings and quoting.

Hope you get it working.
Steve

sourabhverma107

Hi Steve,

Yes its possible to creates new file attachments on a specified object, as one object can contains multiple files and then these files can be use.
Right now i am trying to use the specific comma separated value file which is available in one object.

Thanks