Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieve Schema not working for MaxDB

I’m trying to connect to MaxDB, the database on which SAP ECC is installed. My goal is to be able to read tables like MARA, EKKO etc..

I enter the connection data and run the test, it connects correctly. After selecting the table it tells me "Creation status" - Failed and does not appear to have any column.

0695b00000N3eJ1AAJ.png  

This happens for all tables on MaxDB, indiscriminately..

I tried to import them anyway and then recover the schema "manually". But when I press retrieve scheme nothing happens, there appears a bar in the bottom left that starts to load but it is an endless loading.

0695b00000N3eIrAAJ.png  

Does anyone know how I could fix this? I tried to connect to an MSSQL database and these problems don’t happen.

NB: i'm using Talend Cloud Data Integration 7.3.1 with the last patch

Labels (3)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As some secure connection failed, we are not able to see your image. Could you please upload your screenshots into community directly?

In addition to that, could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok updated, i'm using Talend Cloud Data Integration 7.3.1 with the last patch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your MaxDB version? JDBC driver version? Is there any more error message in studio log when you click retrieve schema with endless loading? Have you tested it on the Max DB SQL tool without using talend to see if it works?

Thanks for your time!

Best regards

Sabrina

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina

MaxDB = DBMServer 7.9.10

JDBC unknown

No, i didn't have any other message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Regarding of this online documentation talend cloud 7.3 about: TalendHelpCenter: Supported Third-Party System/Database/Business Application Versions, we added support for Max DB 7.6 so far.

Best regards

Sabrina

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Is this supposed to happen even usind the JDBC? I tried using the standard way that talend offers, and it doesn't work as you can see, i tried it with JDBC and i still have the same issue....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

I haven't tried to connect to Max DB 7.9 via JDBC and I will see if it works for retrieving Schema.

Best regards

Sabrina