Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogdanionut_ior
Contributor III
Contributor III

Custom QVD folder names

Hi,

We were using custom folder names in Qlikview for QVDs(Raw,Trandformed,Custom) and we want to move to QDF deploy tool for Qlik Sense, but it seems that whenever you deploy a new container, the tool copies the init.qvs to all container with a version most probably embedded in the exe. I tried changing the inline in the init.qvs from the template container, but the tool is copying another version.

Any ideas if this copy can be skipped or changed to copy from the template container?

Thanks,

Bogdan

4 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, sorry for late reply. When new containers are generated the template within Administration container under 0.Template folder is used.  So if you change 1.Init.qvs in the" template container" it should work. Regards Magnus 

bogdanionut_ior
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I have done, but for some reason there is another copy of the Init.qvs  after the copy from 0.Template. I set the ReadOnly on the Init.qvs on the 0.Template/3.Include/1.BaseVariable/1.Init.qvs and then the second copy fails(Upgrade). Not sure why it does an upgrade and from where it copies the new file, I only clicked on Add or Update containers, not on Reinitiate...

12/22/2020 9:12:51 AM Copying Container Map to D:\qlik\QDFnew\001.Test\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\ContainerMap.csv
12/22/2020 9:12:51 AM Copying Container Map to D:\qlik\QDFnew\002.Test2\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\ContainerMap.csv
12/22/2020 9:12:52 AM Upgrading container D:\qlik\QDFnew\999.Shared to version 1.7.4
12/22/2020 9:12:52 AM Error when creating container structure:
Access to the path 'D:\qlik\QDFnew\001.Test\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\1.Init.qvs' is denied. Possible reason:
1.Containers have already been created and read only objects are hindering overwrite
2.No disk or folder access

12/22/2020 9:12:52 AM Upgrading container D:\qlik\QDFnew\001.Test to version 1.7.4
12/22/2020 9:12:52 AM Upgrading container D:\qlik\QDFnew\002.Test2 to version 1.7.4
12/22/2020 9:12:53 AM Deployment completed! 1 errors found

For the moment I can leave the ReadOnly and this will make it work as I need, but this logs errors...

Thanks,

Bogdan

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thx for the info, will look into this. But for now you need to use your workaround, as my old PC is locked into our office (closed due to covid). I use a mac now at home without the .Net components.

Regards Magnus

hhyfdds
Contributor
Contributor

The help of command FOR is output on running in an opened command prompt window for /?.
The help output on several pages explains on first page hangman tv mount to buy:

To use the FOR command in a batch program, specify %%variable instead
of %variable. Variable names are case sensitive, so %i is different from %I.

And the output help contains also:

In addition, substitution of FOR variable references has been enhanced.
You can now use the following optional syntax:

%~I         - expands %I removing any surrounding quotes (")
    %~fI        - expands %I to a fully qualified path name
    %~dI        - expands %I to a drive letter only
    %~pI        - expands %I to a path only
    %~nI        - expands %I to a file name only
    %~xI        - expands %I to a file extension only
    %~sI        - expanded path contains short names only
    %~aI        - expands %I to file attributes of file
    %~tI        - expands %I to date/time of file
    %~zI        - expands %I to size of file
    %~$PATH:I   - searches the directories listed in the PATH
                   environment variable and expands %I to the
                   fully qualified name of the first one found.
                   If the environment variable name is not
                   defined or the file is not found by the
                   search, then this modifier expands to the
                   empty string

So the command line used directly in a command prompt window for this task is:

for %I in (E:\QVD_to_CSV\QVDs\*.qvd) do @call CSV_Gene.bat "%~nI" E:\QVD_to_CSV\QVDs E:\QVD_to_CSV\CSVs