Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

How do I get the QDF deploy tool to recognise my QDF?

Hi everyone,

We recently deployed our QDF using the deploy tool, but now when I go back to the deploy tool, I don't know how to get it to open the container list for our structure again. I thought all I had to do was point at the QDF deploy path again, but it doesn't seem to be working. I feel like I'm just missing something, but I don't know what.

7 Replies
jbouslimi
Contributor III
Contributor III

If I understood your request so you can open the folder structure of your container by double clicking the label: «Active Root Path». QDF will open automatically the container (windows Explorer).
jbouslimi
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am talking about QDF version 1.7.3
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

You should just point to the QDF root using the deploy tool. We are looking at some folders and files to identify the containers, could they have gone missing?

1. You need the 0.Administration container
  2. You need a folder called 0.Templates within 0.Administration, here is where the container templates are stored
  3. You need a hidden file named InitLink.qvs in every container, this file identifies that it's a container and not just any folder

Hope this helps Regards Magnus

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Magnus, thank you for the reply.

I did change some things after deployment, so I suppose it's possible I may have deleted one of the identifiers by accident, but the 3 things you've listed are still there. The only things I can think of are that 1. there is a Documentation folder on the same level as the containers that does not have InitLink.qvs and 2. there is a copy of InitLink.qvs in the QDF root. Could either of those be interfering with the identification, and if not, are there any other identifiers the deploy tool looks for?

I should mention that we are still using the 1.7.2 version, but that shouldn't mean it can't find the QDF, right?

Jens
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jbouslimi, thank you for your reply.

I am not talking about opening the windows explorer through the deploy tool, I want to make some changes to my QDF using the deploy tool, but when I point to the QDF root folder it isn't opening our list of containers like it did when we first deployed the QDF. I hope that is more clear than my original explanation.
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, thats strange? The files /folders you are mentioning should be there. Please try this:

First check if you have the 0.Administration/3.Include/1.BaseVariable/containermap.csv file containing a list of all your containers? Validate that the list is complete. Now create a new paralell framework in a new folder using the Deoloy Tool and copy your old containermap.csv to the same location in the new framework. Last you press the create new containers button and you should get a duplicated structure, but without any files/qvd's. Validate that it's the same structure. Depending on how big your environment is you can manually copy over all your apps to this new structure and lastly replace the old with this new (archiving the old in case you missed some files). Hope that this helps

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Magnus, I will give this a try ASAP