Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to export document layout from a command line ?

I need it for automation reasons. I haven't found any solution, except the UI .

UI Automation is the last resort.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

1. You could execute the above mentioned statement from an external vbs-batch which you could trigger from another tool or the windows task-planner so that an automation should be possible.

2. I'm not absolutely sure if everything from a qvw is included in this file but I believe rather it's complete. I haven't never imported such layout-file to recreate a qvw (these feature is disabled if you used a personal edition to avoid a partly bypassing of the restrictions from the PE) - my usecase was to read some data from the file like the script or the modul-script. I think it's quite the same feature like prj-folders with differences within the handling.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could export it per macro like:

ActiveDocument.ExportLayoutFile "c:\AppLayout.xml"

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Marcus, thanks for your fast reply.

1. I want to auto build/deploy the qvw from an external tool, so I need to use the command line.

2. I am deploying the qvw from xxx-prj folder that includes more files, please explain what is the use of this file?

marcus_sommer

1. You could execute the above mentioned statement from an external vbs-batch which you could trigger from another tool or the windows task-planner so that an automation should be possible.

2. I'm not absolutely sure if everything from a qvw is included in this file but I believe rather it's complete. I haven't never imported such layout-file to recreate a qvw (these feature is disabled if you used a personal edition to avoid a partly bypassing of the restrictions from the PE) - my usecase was to read some data from the file like the script or the modul-script. I think it's quite the same feature like prj-folders with differences within the handling.

- Marcus