Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrooney
Contributor III
Contributor III

QDF Internal Fatal error(-130) in VariableEditor

Hi there,

i'm getting this error when trying to open the VariableEditor.qvw. I've tried everithing i know for two days but culdn't figure out the reason yet

Can anybody help me out on this? I need to create a new container asap for a new project.

Thanks.

Miguel.

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Miguel, it could be something strange in the ContainerMap.csv, or Custom.Variable.csv.

Create a new empty framework on your laptop and replace the empty .csv files with your "production" ones, does VariableEditor crash? If yes, investigate the csv files.

Best regards

Magnus

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Miguel, try this Variable Editor.
http://community.qlik.com/message/679945#679945

Regards

Magnus

mrooney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Magnus,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I think it was a problem with the container's name I was trying to create. The container's name I tried was 'IT&Controlling'. It seemed to be that this '&' was the issue(VariableEditor didn't like it). I changed the name to 'ITAndControlling' and everything ran smooth.

Thanks for you help.

Miguel.

aritting
Creator
Creator

I had this issue after updating to QlikView 11.20 SR13. I found in the release notes of QDF 1.5.1 that the Security Settings of QlikView 12 needed to be changed to allow it it work.  This is also true in Qlkiview 11.20 SR13 where the default security settings prevent the Variable Editor from creating container objects.  The User Preferences >> Security Tab needs the "Script" box checked

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks Andrew, I will add this in the release notes.

Cheers