Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mats_E
Contributor III
Contributor III

Questions about renaming and removal of containers using QlikDeploymentFramework_Deploy_Tool.exe

Hi

PS We use version 1.7.1 of deployment framework.

I created a new container in our TST system (and used it for a while). I then wanted to rename it. So i changed the  "ContainerName" and "Prefix" in QlikDeploymentFramework_Deploy_Tool and after pressed "Add or Update Containers".

The result was that a new container folder was created (with the new ContainerName) but the folder for the old ContainerName still exist (and containermap.csv is the old one). In the other containers containermap.csv now only contain the new name of the container.  Is ok to just delete the folder (and all subfolders) with the old containername?

Also i want to know the correct steps to remove a container. Below are the steps i think is needed. Can you confirm they are correct?

1. In QlikDeploymentFramework_Deploy_Tool empty ContainerName and Prefix for the container you want to remove

2. Delete the folder (and all subfolders)

3. Remove any QMC paths to the folder

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, when changing a container name you first need to change the physical container folder name (folder with the container icon). After you need to change the name (within container map) using Deploy Tool. If you by mistake create a new empty container you can just remove this one and afterwards rename the real container. Hope this helps, regards Magnus

Mats_E
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Magnus

Ok thx. Then i know what to do in the future..

Regarding current situation. The container folder (that was the old one) is basically empty (we dont need anything in it regardless). I assume i can just delete that now and we will use the newly created folder (that was created during the rename of the old folder). Correct?

Also what about the correct steps on how to remove a container completely? Was i correct in the steps i wrote?

regards Mats

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

If it's empty then you can delete. Cheers