Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thi_sys
Contributor
Contributor

compliment a new one QlikDeploymentFramework.exe

hello guys, what's up,
I need help with how I can compile a new “QlikDeploymentFramework.exe” because I made a change to the standard qvs “12.Index.qvs” and every time I create a container, “QlikDeploymentFramework.exe” undoes my changes in all existing containers.
This also occurs in my “.gitignore” file because I do not enable the “Instals Qvc Lib” option and with that the “.gitignore” is also mortified for what is compiled inside my “QlikDeploymentFramework.exe” version 1.7.4, this mess my whole environment.
So I would like to make changes to these two files and complicate a new “QlikDeploymentFramework.exe”, how is that possible?
Thank you in advance.
4 Replies
nicolett_yuri

@Magnus_Berg 

Can you help us?

We need the source code of the QDF application (QlikDeploymentFramework.exe) to make modifications on it to work in Qlik Saas

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi,  don't have access to the exe source code right now (it's on a laptop at the office,  work from home due to covid). QDF is designed to allow for custom changes, creating an override without updating the DeploymentTool exe should work by changing the container template under 1.Administration/0.Template,  That said, if you done a change that benefits everyone I recommend to update the source in Git as well. Regards Magnus 

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi,  don't have access to the exe source code right now (it's on a laptop at the office,  work from home due to covid). Also this code have been done by me, and as a "non developer" the quality have not had the standard I wanted to release. Also there is a package mechanic for zip to exe, that is not easy to recreate. Regards Magnus

thi_sys_IN
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Magnus, Thanks for your answer,

This is the problem, even placing the files ".gitignore" and "12.Index.qvs" inside the container template "1.Administration / 0.Template" the changes to these files are undone when I create a new container in the environment.

image.png