Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

problem with generation new container.

I Write "4.HR" as an example in the variable edritor as Container folder name and "HR" as variable prefix. There are no spaces between what I have written. I have done the same thing before and it has worked perfectly. Ideas on what to do?

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Håvard, do you have screenshots and more details? What QDF version are you using?

There was some stability issues with VariableEditor in earlier releases of 1.4.1, might be a good idea to update just in case. Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for fast reply. I use 1.4.1. as you can see from the attachment.

Here is a screenshot of what I am punshing in the variable editor.

I have tried to save the document before i press "Update Map and Create Containers". I have also tried to generate the container without saving the document first.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thx but I can't see any problems from this picture. Do you get any error message? Could you send me the ContainerMap.csv so that I can test? Cheers

Not applicable
Author

No, I do not get any error messages, but I do not get the black window I normally get when i try to create a new container, and I olny get the firstI tried to generate a backup before I got this problem to check out how it works.

My setting overview is attached.

My ContainerMap.csv is attached.

The screenshot of my Variable Editor after I "Update map and create Containers" is also attached.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Ok, it seems that your entry has not been identified and saved as a new container, you should see the new container under Orphans in Active Container layout. If you have Web view activated you could get this problems. Also try this attached Variable Editor version and see if it helps.

Cheers