Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III

AD Usernames changing. Qlik Sense / View / NPrinting heavily effected.

Good morning.

We're currently going through major infrastructure changes (Azure, 365 etc) and all user UPNs are changing.

After my username was changed;

Qlik Sense imported a new user account, leaving my old one alone.
The new account needed a licence, roles assigned and all 'owned items' transferred to my new username one by one. by changing owner. Not too bad for me, but we have 30 Pro licenses with a huge amount of items owned by some users.
The same will go for Analyzers Access Allocations which we have over 1300 assigned - add to new user, remove from old.

Is there anyway to automate any of this or is this going to have to be done manually, including changing ownership of items one by one?

Qlik View seems to have removed my old username from CALs to each document and my new account is available to be assigned.  However in the first instance, I've lost access to all apps i was able to view previously.
Qlik NPrinting looks like it may work as I think it uses an email address for login, but I need to investigate this further.

Again, are these going to have to be done manually? Or is there any way around this with scripting / synchronising with existing users etc?

We're looking for any way to make the transition smoother.
Any help appreciated.

Cheers

5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

Regarding Qlik Sense, this should help you https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Qlik-Sense-moved-to-a-new-domain-or-server-name-changed...

Regarding QlikView, the CALs will not refer to the new domain automatically. However you could use the PowerTools to automate/script the change. See https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003901. If you experience any issue with the powertool I would suggest to post a question on this forum https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/bd-p/qlikview-management

Finally for NPrinting, as you mentioned the email address is used as a primary identifier. However you also have the possibility to point this email address to a domain account in which case you will need to update them. You can check that in the NPrinting WebConsole while Editing a user. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Bastien_Laugiero

Just a quick note, I would highly recommend to test these articles before updating your production environments and make sure you have backups. 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the replies, @Bastien_Laugiero 
I should have mentioned, the domain isn't changing and in turn nothing needs to be changed with connectors to the domain.  It is finding the change, but is seeing it as a new user.

Only the user's username will be changed. 
Current username - XXXX
New username        - Firstname.surname

I don't think Qlik Sense pulls through anything from AD that we could reference to change it through a DB query.  If there is, i can ask our DBAs to take a look.  I believe we'll even be willing to have Qlik take a look if this is all possible.

I'll take a look at all the articles when i'm back in the morning.
Thanks again.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification! The Qlik Sense article could still be relevant as instead of changing the domain you would update the username.

However not that I have not tested that in the past and it is an unsupported operation. 

I believe this should work but I would suggest you to test the following after the update to make sure these functionality works properly.

• UDC Sync
  • Hub Login Sync
  • Personal application objects 
  • License allocation
Bastien Laugiero
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm struggling to get any DBA resource.  Are there any options with Qlik to potentially do this work?
Anybody i could speak with about this?

We don't have any Postgres experience in the team and unlikely to get any DBA resource anytime soon.

This would be to change usernames, transfer owned items and potentially roles assigned.

Thanks