Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

AD Users Connection: filter "Removed Externally" users

Hello geeks,

I'm facing a quite annoying issue: I've set up a users connection to AD of a customer of mine, which contains almost 50K users. Though, many of them are flagged as "Removed Externally", that means they're no longer part of the company. 

My question: is it possible to prevent the import of such users?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: When performing a User Directory Connector synchronization in Qlik Sense, Qlik will perform an operation where it will do at least #1 and potentially #2:

1. Request attribute information about the users from that domain that are already inside of Qlik Sense (QMC > Users)
  2. Request a listing of all users which are exposed by the UDC (i.e. you can use an LDAP filter) and pull their attribute information

#1 is where you'd see a user being listed as "Removed Externally".

If you'd wish to remove them then you have two options:

• Manually deleting them in the QMC (you can filter on Removed Externally = Yes to make things easier)
  • Programmatically by using the QRS API, example here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: When performing a User Directory Connector synchronization in Qlik Sense, Qlik will perform an operation where it will do at least #1 and potentially #2:

1. Request attribute information about the users from that domain that are already inside of Qlik Sense (QMC > Users)
  2. Request a listing of all users which are exposed by the UDC (i.e. you can use an LDAP filter) and pull their attribute information

#1 is where you'd see a user being listed as "Removed Externally".

If you'd wish to remove them then you have two options:

• Manually deleting them in the QMC (you can filter on Removed Externally = Yes to make things easier)
  • Programmatically by using the QRS API, example here.
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

@Levi_Turner  got it! Thanks a lot for your help

...and your script looks awesome 😃