Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Access restricted by device

Hi @all,

has anybody faced to this demand:

We want to limit the access to the hub/streams by a device property like MAC address.

Can you give me an example?

Thank you, regards

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@martinpohl

There are some options to use environment to give access. like IP address, device type and OS.

Below is a link to the help page about this

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

@Maria_Halley 

I know this article, but IP or device is not fulfill my request.

The IP is depending from the location. Using LTE, Wlan in company, public Wlan , it's different for one device

device is eg iphone, so I would give access to all iphones (or all devices with ios).

I want to restrict to one (or 4) explicit devices, the individual information is MAC address.

Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@martinpohl

I'm sorry that I was unclear. There are no function in QlikSense to block access based on MAC address.

Could you maybe explain a bit more about the "end goal" for this? Maybe we can help come up with an alternative solution?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

@Maria_Halley 

no problem.

The hub from our customer is accessable from internet. But the users should only have access with their business mobile device, not from a private one. Is there a way to achive this?

Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@martinpohl

I understand how you mean now. There are no way to restrict this in QlikSense.

I would take this discussion to your IT that are handling the remote access to the company network, to see if this is something they can help you with.

CUTAIAD
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, we have the same problem here.

We would like enabling access to Qlik Sense SaaS only from Corporate laptops, mobile devices, and tablets, e.g. Iphone and Ipad. This is a very urgent need for large corporations and from a security standpoint is a must. Is this on your roadmap? Do you have an ETA ?
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@CUTAIAD

Please post this feature request to our 'Ideas' site with detailed requirements and specifications therein.

Also post this community discussion thread as well into the 'idea'.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!