Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III

According to needs, select between AWS & Azure for Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hi to all!!!!

I wold like to know for the next procedures / tasks between AWS Vs Azure where and why it's better to install my new Qlik Sense Enterprise, all comments as always are more than appreciated!!!

Connections to API, SAP, Dropbox / OneDrive, etc...

Create regular apps and visualizations

Be able to share visualizations using Qlik API (JSON), create mashups and use the Dev Ops portal

As always any help is more than appreciate!!!!!

Labels (7)
1 Reply
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, 

In fact, the functionality of Qlik Sense won't change if it's installed on top of Azure or AWS, or other cloud providers.

I have made myself similar question a while ago. I have chosen AWS, and let me tell you why.  I had 3 major points: security, flexibility and control over the environment. Both providers are definitely secure. Keep in mind that security in the cloud is a shared responsibility. So the providers ensure the infrastructure is secure, while we secure the app itself (cyphers, protocols, firewall, encryption, etc.). When analyzing the granular control and flexibility both could provide, AWS was the path to go as it's a more mature platform.

If you would like further assistance, get in touch.

IPC Global specializes in migrating and running Qlik workloads on AWS. Our team has co-authored with AWS a migration playbook to help run Qlik environment on AWS: https://aws.amazon.com/partners/isv-workload-migration/partners/.