Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinr_
Creator
Creator

Active Directory several groups (User directory connectors)

I have created in the active directory several groups, with which I want to control rights.
The user should now be import via the user directory connector.
How can I import the groups QLIK-ADMINS and QLIK-USER together.

Have already & and | Tried, but without success.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Does something like this work (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-ADMINS,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-USER,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)))   - replace the *** with your AD structure

However, another way is to have a single Group (QLIK-ALL) that contains those two groups and use the rules within qlik to control access.  When you bring a user in it brings in all the groups it is a member of so you can then use the Admin and user group in qlik rules.  In this case you could use the following

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-ALL,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martinr_
Creator
Creator
Author

hello. can anyone help me, i need it for several groups?

Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Martin,

UDC supports only users as object type, groups are a user attrib. So if you import users belonging to the s QLIK-ADMINS and/or QLIK-USER group, you will see in their attribs 

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Does something like this work (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-ADMINS,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-USER,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)))   - replace the *** with your AD structure

However, another way is to have a single Group (QLIK-ALL) that contains those two groups and use the rules within qlik to control access.  When you bring a user in it brings in all the groups it is a member of so you can then use the Admin and user group in qlik rules.  In this case you could use the following

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&memberOf=CN=QLIK-ALL,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)))

martinr_
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Barry.

The upper example did not work.

I have tracked your solution approach and to import the user a group QLIK-ALL created.