Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brip51
Creator
Creator

Adding and Managing External Company Users Advice

Hi,

I am looking for guidance on granting access to users outside of our company.  We work with other companies and produce reporting for them for several business operations.

They need to have access to the apps we create.  

I am thinking that the most straightforward way to do this is to create Active Directory groups for them to Authenticate and then allocate a license to them.

Is this the way the Qlik community generally handles this ?  

I am considering other options like outside authentication (Okta), or maybe creating a Qlik Sense cloud business account. 

If anyone has done this before I would appreciate any general thoughts on the best way to accomplish this.

Thank you,

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Well, for the authentication solution, if you use Windows Authentication, then you must remember that both ADs (the AD that host server is part of and the newly added) has trust relationship, by just adding UDC in QMC is not for the purpose of authenticate user but instead to store AD information for the use of QMC only ( like adding security rules, tokens, etc). The authentication is all done by Windows, which will require to jump from AD to AD for that it is needed the trust relationship. As options, well it is all depend what you feel comfortable to implement, whether with windows auth, or any other IDPs (okta, onelogin , ADFS, etc) all those can be integrated with Qlik Sense. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Well, for the authentication solution, if you use Windows Authentication, then you must remember that both ADs (the AD that host server is part of and the newly added) has trust relationship, by just adding UDC in QMC is not for the purpose of authenticate user but instead to store AD information for the use of QMC only ( like adding security rules, tokens, etc). The authentication is all done by Windows, which will require to jump from AD to AD for that it is needed the trust relationship. As options, well it is all depend what you feel comfortable to implement, whether with windows auth, or any other IDPs (okta, onelogin , ADFS, etc) all those can be integrated with Qlik Sense. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank You Gio.  I appreciate you input and help on this

Brian