Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator

Application is not being updated after QMC reload

Hello community,

We have an issue in our server and we are not being capable to figure out what's going on: We have one app that is not really that heavy ( around 200 Mb)  and has many users accessing to it (lets say more than 300) 

It reloads more than 2 times a day (The data is updated daily at different times from different sources)  and sometimes (for whatever reason we couldn't figure out) the tasks finishes ok on the QMC, and the label on the APP says that is has been reloaded, however the actual data on the app is outdated: the numbers that appear on the charts and all the visualizations don't have any data from the last update. It's like if the last reload task had never run in the first place.

We've checked the logs on the tasks, there seem to be no errors over there. 

If we have another version of the app, and we reload it in our work area, it's ok and the data is updated. Even the source QVDs have all the data up to date. If we republish overwriting the stale qvf on the stream, however, the data will not be updated on that application. 

Right now our only solution is reload a backup of the app and republish it on the same stream, but as a different app, telling our users to access to a new URL (since the app id is different)

Does anyone has any idea why this could be happening? 

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Adam_R
Support
Support

Hi Diego,

Please open a ticket with support, and they will investigate further. Don't forget to provide the logs from the log collector.

How to create a case and contact Qlik Support - Qlik Community - 1710992

How To Collect Log Files From Qlik Sense Enterpris... - Qlik Community - 1713168

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @diego_a_barboza ,

Thanks for posting.

Before raising  a case with us.

What version of sense are you using?  Do you have a single node or multi-node?

I would also you to add the Keepalive parameter mentioned on Qlik Sense - Randomly, some streams or application... - Qlik Community - 1778814

What happens if you only restart the Engine node? is the new data showed?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

Albert_Candelario

Hello @diego_a_barboza ,

I would also strongly suggest to review this:

Can't save app with error AppSerializer: SaveApp_i... - Qlik Community - 1798991

How to troubleshoot the AppSerializer: SaveApp cau... - Qlik Community - 1930186

As you said it just happened some few times, so might be environmental related.

Cheers,

Albert

5 Replies
Adam_R
Support
Support

Hi Diego,

Please open a ticket with support, and they will investigate further. Don't forget to provide the logs from the log collector.

How to create a case and contact Qlik Support - Qlik Community - 1710992

How To Collect Log Files From Qlik Sense Enterpris... - Qlik Community - 1713168

Albert_Candelario

Hello @diego_a_barboza ,

Thanks for posting.

Before raising  a case with us.

What version of sense are you using?  Do you have a single node or multi-node?

I would also you to add the Keepalive parameter mentioned on Qlik Sense - Randomly, some streams or application... - Qlik Community - 1778814

What happens if you only restart the Engine node? is the new data showed?

Cheers,

Albert

diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Albert,

We were using a 2020 version (I think June) but a couple of week after my question we upgraded to May 2021 and we haven't had this issue ever since. 

It's a multi-node server. 

Let me note that this is really rare, since only happened twice a year or so, so I'm still with fingers crossed. If this happen again, I will rise a case including the log files.

Regards and thanks for your support.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @diego_a_barboza ,

I would also strongly suggest to review this:

Can't save app with error AppSerializer: SaveApp_i... - Qlik Community - 1798991

How to troubleshoot the AppSerializer: SaveApp cau... - Qlik Community - 1930186

As you said it just happened some few times, so might be environmental related.

Cheers,

Albert

diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator
Author

Update: After the update on the server the issue disappeared, but even before then it was something really strange. We even had the theory that the qvf file got corrupted, but after the Version update we couldn't replicate it.

Thanks for your answers!