Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Autheticate to QlikSense app via Qlik Scalability tool

Hello,

I need help please! I am trying to connect to Qlik Sense application via Qlik Scalability tool but I am getting a quite generic error (picture below)

nikola1_0-1607522517933.png

Then I found on forum that I can try with Fiddler tool, so I did like this:

nikola1_1-1607522617136.pngnikola1_2-1607522675846.png

and after that when I press Connect in Qlik Scalability tool it takes quite long to connect on app (it says Connecting for few minutes)

nikola1_3-1607522750878.png

After those few minutes it manged to successfully connect:

nikola1_4-1607522970566.png

So now when I am able to connect I can configure the simple script (ChangeSheet) like this:

nikola1_5-1607523126292.png

And new issue appears on executing:

nikola1_6-1607523281464.png

This is how Authentication is set on our server (have tried with dynamic and static user directory):

nikola1_7-1607523450527.png

and also there is a hosts in white list set:

nikola1_8-1607523535636.png

How can I solve the issue with authentication to QS app but without using a Fiddler and also how to avoid those issues while Executing the QS Scalability script?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi, you shouldn't need to use Fiddler.  The screenshots are very difficult to read but you should be able to set your authentication scheme to 'header' from within the tool, and then supply the header directly from the tool.  the header you send should match 'header authentication header name' and the value would be the user id you want to authenticate with.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Can someone assist Nikola?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi, you shouldn't need to use Fiddler.  The screenshots are very difficult to read but you should be able to set your authentication scheme to 'header' from within the tool, and then supply the header directly from the tool.  the header you send should match 'header authentication header name' and the value would be the user id you want to authenticate with.

nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Marcus, thanks for replay! I managed to solve the issue from your following sentence: "and the value would be the user id you want to authenticate with." Under the Test Settings I have changed UserCreationMethod to FromList and there I placed the user with which I will authenticate... Before it was set on Prefix and QlikSense Scalability tool was adding _1 to my user and it was falling on authentication.