Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shijiann
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Broken App Images after Domain Name change activity.

Hi,

I did a domain name change for a Qlik Application. All applications are working fine. But the app images appears as broken images. See attached image Image1.

Before the Domain Name Change the images appeared fine. During domain name change, service accounts, host name, repository connection strings and active directory changes were made. The application is working fine in the new domain except for the broken image issue. It is not feasible to reload image for all the applications.

Additional Information:

1. The application architecture consists of :

-one central node

-three rim nodes - a proxy node, an application development node and an Application Development Proxy Node.

2. Changing the thumbnail to another thumbnail from the default folder works. The image appears without any error.

3. In QMC, in Service Cluster tab, QVD Encryption is seleted.

4. One of the images displayed as broken image is FundFlow.jpg. The advanced properties of this file is showed in Image6. The red boxes show the selection made. In this image, ‘svc_qs_prd@1’ is the old service account of the old domain. I am unable to add the new Domain's new service account to this user list.

Fixes tried:

1. Update repository.exe.congif file by adding the key “SharedContentEnable” = True and changing key “UseSecurityCacheForSharedContent” to True. And restarting Reposirory services.
  2. The image files reside in AppCotent folder inside QS_Folder. I have assigned access rights to the new service account for accessing these folders. The new service account is already added to the Qlik admin group.
  3. I tried few things related to the QVD Encryption and Certificates in MMC. But I didnt get the correct steps for a multi node environment. So the fix I tried didnt work.

Please suggest few fixes that I can try. Really appreciate any help provided. Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

shijiann
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi. These steps have already been done.