Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can Qlik Sense listen only on a specific ip?

We're trying to get Qlik Sense to listen on only one specific ip address instead of all ip addresses assigned to the server. Is this possible and if it is how can we make this happen?

ltumto‌, pcammaertmbaeyens

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

No, there's no granularity to the Proxy to only have it bind to a specific IP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's been a year since I had to manage a Qlik Sense site, but since Qlik Sense does not use a web server anymore (i.e.: no HTTP reqs but websockets) when I had to do this I did at a lower level

• with an additional proxy/load balancer or via firewall rule (e.g.: a rule for which requests for URL https://sense.domain.com are sent to IP 10.0.1.43:*)
  • specifying in the DNS of the AD to which IP address the requests have to be sent to for the name of the host

Thinking out loud, I have not tested whether the port definitions in the QMC can use the form address:port instead of only port.

If there is a setting either in the QMC or in a ini or xml settings file in the current version equivalent to IIS "Bindings..." Levi or bbt can for sure let us know.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry Gysbert, no idea.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

No, there's no granularity to the Proxy to only have it bind to a specific IP.

Gysbert_Wassenaar
Author

I was afraid of that. It would be nice to have though. Thanks for the definitive answer.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
martinmi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello everyone, is IP level / Port granularity still not possible to configure in Qlik Sense April 2019?

I would be interested especially in this functionality especially for Qlik Sense Login service. Many thanks for your answer