Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomeds02
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Can several Qlik Sense installations use the same Postgres RDS Instance

Hi,

Is it possible to use the same RDS Instance for several Qlik Sense instances/servers?
I'm about to install a new Qlik Server and realized that I probably need to create a new Postgre RDS instance where I can put its databases (QLogs, QSMQ, QSR and SenseServices), since I already have another Qlik Sense using that instance (the databases exist).

Is there a way to share the same RDS instance  by using another schema or other database names for instance, or do I have to create a new RDS instance? (Don't want to use the internal Postgres.)

Regards

Tomas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

I do not believe this is a supported setup. The reason being that the connection string for QSMQ, QLogs and SenseServices are being automatically created using these names. 

In theory, you could still change the database name post installation in the configuration files but keep in mind that this will probably become a challenge once you want to upgrade your platform. 

I would suggest to open an idea in our ideation section in community.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

I do not believe this is a supported setup. The reason being that the connection string for QSMQ, QLogs and SenseServices are being automatically created using these names. 

In theory, you could still change the database name post installation in the configuration files but keep in mind that this will probably become a challenge once you want to upgrade your platform. 

I would suggest to open an idea in our ideation section in community.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.