Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot access Qliksense outside server with Firewall down.

Hey everyone,

We have a deployment of Qlik on a new AWS server Win2012. I am not able to access the hub from a machine in a different network. I tried disabling firewall on my pc and the server. Even with these applied I was not able to ping the server from my pc, however a ping from server to pc goes fine. I tried enabling ports inbound/outbound on both sides. My pc is a company owned one and governed by rules maybe, in addition we use proxy server that my pc is connected to.

Please share ideas if any.

P.S. I also looked at this thread Cannot access Qlik Sense outside of server‌, but following the instructions did not resolve my issue.

4 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you access the QMC?

What are your AWS security rules for the instance ? you'll need to allow traffic to the server (you can allow down to a specific port and form a specific IP or open right up {good for testing})

FYI Ping wont work - As I understand it AWS doesn't allow this .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We had the instance created for us by a third party. I do not know what rules there are in the outer system. When you say "open right up" if you mean to disable the firewall, i tried it. If there is some other point i need to look into for extra security rules, could you propose where?

The machine name is like: machineName.awsxxx.cloud.companyName.com

I had a short talk with the party, and they were telling we need to register a domain name and then reroute it to Qlik Sense hub. Is there a necessity for all these complications? We will use it within the domain companyName.com.

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

no need to create domain while testing but may get security certificate warning but you may need to put the 'machineName.awsxxx.cloud.companyName.com' in the whitelist assuming you can access the QMC to do this.

AWS security rules is where to look, not the firewall on server - when your third party created the server they would have had to create some security rules (similar to a firewall) in AWS - these allow traffic through ports from specific IP's... when I say open up i mean allow all traffic from all IP's (this is a security risk though and is only a suggestion for testing).  Ask the third party what the security rules are for that instance and what traffic is allowed and not

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alright, none of the security rules setup was shared with us. I think they have some defaults, which i was not aware of. Following your advice I requested if the security rules can be setup to allow all inbound/outbound traffic for 2 particular machines within company domain. I will update on further.

Thanks!