Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohamedZaitoon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can we Change Or Move the Qlik Sense Disk Driver From C in Qlik Sense?

Hi,

I want to change the installation files and program data of QlikSense Enterprise on Windows into another driver (ex. E:/ Driver).

The problem is that the C:/ driver is only 100 GB and QlikSense is installed on it, and the driver is currently full because the QlikSense and its Postgres database occupied around 55% (53.8 GB) of the driver.  So, I want to know how to move the Qlik sense from C:/ to E:/ which is around 4 TB on the same server. 

Thanks in advance.

@Troy_Raney @Bjorn_Wedbratt @Andre_Sostizzo 

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @MohamedZaitoon,

Thanks for posting.

I was wondering if you have tried to take a backup of the PostgreSQL DB (after cleaning it as @Seanog_Murphy has suggested), then uninstall Qlik Sense, afterwards install Qlik Sense by selecting another disk different to C, restore the DB you had backup and see if all works as expected.

I would suggest to try on a Sandbox and if successful plan your backup/rollback plan (as best practise) and perform such action on the affected server.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Albert_Candelario

Hello @MohamedZaitoon,

Thanks for posting.

I was wondering if you have tried to take a backup of the PostgreSQL DB (after cleaning it as @Seanog_Murphy has suggested), then uninstall Qlik Sense, afterwards install Qlik Sense by selecting another disk different to C, restore the DB you had backup and see if all works as expected.

I would suggest to try on a Sandbox and if successful plan your backup/rollback plan (as best practise) and perform such action on the affected server.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer