Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthick_hoag
Contributor
Contributor

Change the GUID of a QlikSense app

Hi,

Need your help in the follwoing scenario:

Is there a way I can change the GUID of a published QlikSense dashboard with the GUID of a previously published and deleted QlikSense dashboard. 

We have developed a new dashboard with enhanced features and re-published. The previous version of the published dashboard was deleted. Because we have shared the GUID of a previously published dashboard with some users. Now we need to make use of the previously published GUID.

Thanks,

Karthick S

Labels (1)
1 Reply
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is a system generated identifier in the Qlik Sense repo. It cannot be altered in any way through native means. The only way is to potentially scour the Postgres repo and update the app GUID everywhere it exists. However even then, there might be some hidden items that you can't access. I would also highly discourage it since you can corrupt the repo if you start going in and changing things. 

If it must be done, I would export your current app, roll back your server to before it was deleted and import the latest app and publish over the app you deleted. Although, I think communicating to the users the new link would be much easier.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev