Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilesh007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Changes not reflecting after duplicating the app

Hi team,

We are facing this issue, if the owner of the app is different and we make any changes in the app (load data editor) and replaced the existing published app with the new changes then changes are not getting reflected after duplicating the app.

Please help

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @nilesh007 ,

This seems to be working as designed.

"

You can duplicate an app if you have create and read access to the app and read access to the Apps section in the QMC. However, for security reasons, the script will only be duplicated if you also have read rights to the script. Access to the script enables editing or removal of section access, and, as a consequence, a possibility to load data that should not be accessible

"
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Refer below one workaround and a solution.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/App-Script-is-empty-after-duplicating-app/ta...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi 

Can you list out how you are doing this step by step.

We work on apps by different owner all most daily with no issues at all.

nilesh007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Mark_Little 

1. xyz app is already published in some xyz stream for which the app owner is different

2. now some different user is duplicating that app and making changes in the data load editor

3. he/she will publish this app with his id from qmc by replacing the existing app

4. after the app got published he/she duplicated the app and now the changes what they did in step 2 are not reflecting but what same he/she did in step 2 are visible to that app owner but not to other users

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

in Step they are they replacing the existing.

I.e. Ticking the box to overight?

If they are then you are doing everything that you should be, I would suggest to log with Support.

nilesh007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Mark_Little ,

It is not resolved yet. I have raised a Qlik ticket for it.

Thanks for your reply.

jesse_rendon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @nilesh007  , 

Have you been able to resolve this issue? It was recently brought to my attention that we are seeing the same issue. Users are unable to see changes made after an app has been duplicated. What was the result of your ticket?

Regards, 

Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @nilesh007 ,

This seems to be working as designed.

"

You can duplicate an app if you have create and read access to the app and read access to the Apps section in the QMC. However, for security reasons, the script will only be duplicated if you also have read rights to the script. Access to the script enables editing or removal of section access, and, as a consequence, a possibility to load data that should not be accessible

"
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Refer below one workaround and a solution.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/App-Script-is-empty-after-duplicating-app/ta...

jesse_rendon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Ranganath_DR , 

Thank you for your response based on the information you provided I was able to resolve me issue. 

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

I have a problem where I've duplicated a published app (where I am the author), and I've made some changes to a pivot table (swapping out a couple of fields. However, whilst the changes are visible in edit mode, they are not reflected when I click done (i.e. the old, removed fields, are still in the table and the new fields are not there.).

The load script is visible although I hadn't made any changes to that anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

Many thanks,

Matt