Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Changing Qlik Sense Server Domain

Hi Guys

One of our clients is creating a new domain, and as part of this project, would like to move their QlikSense server to the new domain.

I've had a look on the Qlik Help, and there doesn't seem to be any recommended steps for this sort of move.

Our initial thoughts are to do the following:

1. Create a new local admin account on the server, give this rootadmin access to QMC
  2. Create replica accounts on the new domain for Qlik Services etc
  3. Change the domain on the server
  4. Change the Qlik services to the new AD accounts
  5. Log into QMC as the new local admin account
  6. Change ownership of apps
  7. Configure UDC on new domain
  8. Ensure new AD users users have correct tokens etc

Another idea is to uninstall and reinstall the QlikSense environment once the domain is moved?

Has anyone done this before? Any thoughts or recommendations?

25 Replies
larshilke
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

The solution that eventually worked for me was to follow the knowledgebase article 000044661 "Change hostname after an installation for Qlik Sense September and November 2017" and manually changing the domain name in the tables  "Localconfig" and "ServerNodeConfiguration". Since I had to do and re-do this several times before I got it working, I'm not 100% on all the steps but I think you could do the db change after step 6.

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Everyone

I got a document that could help

I hope that this solves your request

Regards!

dmitri_volkov
Contributor III
Contributor III

Michael,

Can you please share mentioned presentation with me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I think i may have to change the hostname of central node, and maybe that document helps me.. could you send it to me?

BTW, my problem is that we have a failover candidate node and we need to access to this one instead of the central node when the central crashes. I understand this is done by redirecting in NAT both ips to one that is public. Problem i think is that when i installed the central node i entered the hostname as machinename.domain instead of the public ip. Could you enlighten me?

Thanks!!

darshan_kotian
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @Michael_Tarallo I have Messaged you personally for the PPT and if any Public link exists on Qlik help please share will be helpful for other too.
Thankful,

Darshan

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I see - I have replied as well. I will fwd to some team members.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Sarye
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

This procedure doesn't work anymore. Among the step, is the editing of the table "public"."LocalConfigs" fromthe Repository database. This table doesn't exist anymore since Feb 2019 onware. (cf: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062212)

Does any one has an update version of this procedure? Thanks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarye - I fwd your link to a member that may be able to help.

Have you opened a case with qlik support?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Fix/Qlik-Fix-How-to-Log-a-Case-as-a-Guest-in-the-Support-Portal/t...

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Sarye
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Michael_Tarallo  and @darshan_kotian ,

Thank you both for your reply and the updated steps. We finally managed to perform the domain migration. Here is what we did :

• After spotting that a table was missing and posting in the forum, we searched for a similar table that would contains rows referencing our previous domain. If I'm not mistaken, we found [public."ServerNodeConfigurations"], and updated the field "Hostname"with our new domain name.
  • Then we were puzzeled and didn't knew what to do, so we backuped the QlikShare directory with all its files, uninstalled QlikSense then installed it again. While uninstalling, the process asked if we wanted to removed Qlik's internal Database, we said no, we want to keep it.
  • After that, QlikSense was fine and running under our new domain.
  • We just had to reset the DataConnection named "monitor_apps_*" and everything is fine as of today.

I didn't try the updated procedure, but thank you very much for taking into consideration my post, Qlik has a nice community, thanks.

Best regards