Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip_radovich
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connect to external repository database

Good Morning, 

I am having an issue with installing Qlik using an external repository database. I have installed and configured a PostgreSQL database on an external server configured per the knowledge base articles but when I attempt to install Qlik, on the shared persistence database connection settings in the installation it is not accepting my credentials. I have tested the login with pgAdmin and can connect up to the database from the server I want Qlik installed but when I enter in my information and hit next the screen flashes and then removes the password. I am not receiving an error of any kind. I am attempting to install Qlik Sense November 2017(I know it is an old version). I am running PostgreSQL 9.6.11. I am listening on all ports and have defined the correct subnet in the conf settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil Radovich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

When you tried PGAdmin, did you use the same Database Hostname as entered in the Qlik Sense installer? 

If you ping the database hostname from the Qlik Sense machine, does it return an IPV4 or IPV6? I have seen cases where it returns IPV6 and there are setting to configures on Postgres side to allow client using IPV6 to connect.

Finally, if none of this helps, I would suggest enabling logging in Postgres and check why Qlik Sense is denied when you try to connect. 

To do that, you need to: 

• Stop Postgres
  • Open the file postgres.conf and locate the section ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
  • Uncomment and set to ON logging_collector
  • Uncomment log_directory and log_filename
  • Save, close and start Postgres

You should get a new directory called pg_log at the same place postgres.conf is located with a log file.

Try to connect again from the installer and check the exception in the log files. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

When you tried PGAdmin, did you use the same Database Hostname as entered in the Qlik Sense installer? 

If you ping the database hostname from the Qlik Sense machine, does it return an IPV4 or IPV6? I have seen cases where it returns IPV6 and there are setting to configures on Postgres side to allow client using IPV6 to connect.

Finally, if none of this helps, I would suggest enabling logging in Postgres and check why Qlik Sense is denied when you try to connect. 

To do that, you need to: 

• Stop Postgres
  • Open the file postgres.conf and locate the section ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
  • Uncomment and set to ON logging_collector
  • Uncomment log_directory and log_filename
  • Save, close and start Postgres

You should get a new directory called pg_log at the same place postgres.conf is located with a log file.

Try to connect again from the installer and check the exception in the log files. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.