Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Create encryption key for SharePoint Connector

Hi

trying to configure sharepoint connection in Nov2022 we are running into the “missing encryption key” issue described here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Error-retri...

it’s perfectly clear how to create/configure the key but we currently cannot run cmd as Qlik Sense service user account: due to customer policies (GPO) service accounts have admin rights locally on servers but they cannot interactively logon to servers. So runas command fails due to that limitation.

is there a workaround for this?

can we simply try to generate the key,  run the specified command (QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage.exe /key {key} ) with our personal admin account and then move the key into service account appdata folder?

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
4 Replies
Yves_Jezequel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Giociva, could you find the solution for running the command with a personal admin account then transfer the encryption key to the service account?

Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @Yves_Jezequel \ @giociva ,

It may not work if you run it from other account. May be you can work with IT and get approval for login access and run it as it won't take long time to follow the article.

AshishPatel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me here. I tried to create encryption key using openssl to connect SharePoint wen connector in Qlik sense enterprise. But I am not able to generate the encryption key. 

Do you know the reason why? All commands get executed correctly but no key is generated .

Any help would much appreciated