Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II

Deleting all the inactive Qliksense users at once from the QMC

Users are directly visible under users section in the QMC when

1] they get synced through UDC connector after becoming memberof AD group

2] They hit either the hub or qmc url

We have thousands of users which are inactive as they are not part of any AD group and they just hit the URL (i guess).

How can we remove all those inactive users at once from the QMC.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@TusharDev_Qlik

It sounds unlikely that 34k users have hit the URL manually. Have  you checked your LDAP filter so only needed users are being synced?

To delete that many users, you would have to use a script, to delete them directly in the database. Modifying the database directly like this should only be done with Qlik approved scripts.  

There is an article for this being worked on by a colleague.

I think you should create a case for this, since you have that many unwanted users and we are not sure where they came from.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-create-a-technical-case-in-the-support-case-portal/ta...

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @TusharDev_Qlik,

Indeed, you should review your LDAP filter, imagine you remove all of them and then could be re-added if such filters are not in place.

That said, did you had the chance to review - Removing Inactive users using Qlik-Cli

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Just filter the inactive users in QMC and delete them

rohitk1609_0-1649350636771.png

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as "Accept as Solution" or Like it.

Reach out to me at kumar.rohit1609@gmail.com if there is need of any clarification or assistance

Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohit-kumar-67ba152b/

To get latest updates and articles, join Qlik community at https://www.facebook.com/QlikIntellectuals

Best,
Rohit

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@TusharDev_Qlik

You can multi select in the dialogue by "clicking and dragging", so you can delete many at the time.

TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@rohit @Maria_Halley 

the problem here is I have almost 34k inactive users .

How I can prohibit them at the first place ?

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@TusharDev_Qlik

It sounds unlikely that 34k users have hit the URL manually. Have  you checked your LDAP filter so only needed users are being synced?

To delete that many users, you would have to use a script, to delete them directly in the database. Modifying the database directly like this should only be done with Qlik approved scripts.  

There is an article for this being worked on by a colleague.

I think you should create a case for this, since you have that many unwanted users and we are not sure where they came from.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-create-a-technical-case-in-the-support-case-portal/ta...

Albert_Candelario

Hello @TusharDev_Qlik,

Indeed, you should review your LDAP filter, imagine you remove all of them and then could be re-added if such filters are not in place.

That said, did you had the chance to review - Removing Inactive users using Qlik-Cli

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Albert_Candelario @Maria_Halley 

I have deleted the UDC connector (to which most of the inactive users belonged), reconfigured it again and ran a sync to fetch only the users we need. I also tried to use the Qlik Cli functionality but the command seems hung and didn't delete any inactive users.