Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Do the QSEoW logs collect fields values selected or search queries entered by the users?

Greetings!

We are trying to find out if QSEoW logs audit traces of the field values selected or the searches entered by a user through the UI.

Is this info available somewhere?  It doesn't seem to be included in the Qlik Monitoring Apps.

@Chip_Matejowskyor @Bastien_Laugiero, can any of you please point me in the right direction to find the answer to this question?

Cheers,

++José

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi José!

After doing some testing, I have found one way but it's not that straight forward I am afraid.

If you enable the Engine Traffic logs to INFO, you will basically start to get a lots of information about what the engine is doing and the information you are looking for is in there. 

Here is an example output :

• Retrieve selected value:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":115,"delta":true,"result":{"qDataPages":[{"op":"replace","path":"/","value":[{"qMatrix":[[{"qText":"364","qNum":364,"qElemNumber":363,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"156","qNum":156,"qElemNumber":155,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"234","qNum":234,"qElemNumber":233,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"520","qNum":520,"qElemNumber":519,"qState":"S"}],[{"qText":"546","qNum":546,"qElemNumber":545,"qState":"S"}],[{"qText":"676","qNum":676,"qElemNumber":675,"qState":"A"}]],"qTails":[],"qArea":{"qLeft":0,"qTop":0,"qWidth":1,"qHeight":11}}]}]}} 

qState":"S" means SELECTED

• Retrieve a search

{"delta":true,"handle":15,"method":"SearchListObjectFor","params":["/qListObjectDef","test"],"id":149,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Note that the traffic logs are generating a very large amount of information so I wouldn't recommend to leave it enabled forever on a production system. 

Finally, it might be a good idea to look at the ideation portal to see if there is already a feature request on that topic. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi José!

After doing some testing, I have found one way but it's not that straight forward I am afraid.

If you enable the Engine Traffic logs to INFO, you will basically start to get a lots of information about what the engine is doing and the information you are looking for is in there. 

Here is an example output :

• Retrieve selected value:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":115,"delta":true,"result":{"qDataPages":[{"op":"replace","path":"/","value":[{"qMatrix":[[{"qText":"364","qNum":364,"qElemNumber":363,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"156","qNum":156,"qElemNumber":155,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"234","qNum":234,"qElemNumber":233,"qState":"A"}],[{"qText":"520","qNum":520,"qElemNumber":519,"qState":"S"}],[{"qText":"546","qNum":546,"qElemNumber":545,"qState":"S"}],[{"qText":"676","qNum":676,"qElemNumber":675,"qState":"A"}]],"qTails":[],"qArea":{"qLeft":0,"qTop":0,"qWidth":1,"qHeight":11}}]}]}} 

qState":"S" means SELECTED

• Retrieve a search

{"delta":true,"handle":15,"method":"SearchListObjectFor","params":["/qListObjectDef","test"],"id":149,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Note that the traffic logs are generating a very large amount of information so I wouldn't recommend to leave it enabled forever on a production system. 

Finally, it might be a good idea to look at the ideation portal to see if there is already a feature request on that topic. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Bastien!   I am sorry that you had to go through some hurdles to find this alternative.  It is not perfect, but it helps.  I will pass this to the customer that is looking for this mechanism (a government agency).

Cheers,

++José