Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish123
Creator III
Creator III

Does linux server really require for implementing Qlik insight Bot since we have windows server.

we need to implement Qlik Insight Bot in our organization and i have gone through documentation found that there are two components one is for Qlik windows components and antoher is Qlik Insight Bot NLU for Linux.

my doubt is do we need Linux server to install Qlik Insight Bot since we already have windows server(QlikSense Installed). If Linux server is required then what is the purpose of Linux server. Please let me know.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The NLU stands for Natural Language Understanding. The Qlik Insight Bot NLU is the brain of Qlik Insight Bot. It is responsible to understand what the user is asking and looking for. Qlik Insight Bot NLU performs classification and featurization of the queries asked by the user which is needed to form appropriate response by Qlik Insight Bot.

The NLU component of QIB runs on Docker. At the time of QIB's release (not sure about today), Docker on Windows was not supported for Production environments. Therefore, Qlik could not support that configuration.

In theory, yes you could configure the NLU on a Windows machine. However, it would not be supported by Qlik. Also, note that it should still be a separate machine for performance separation reasons. It's configuration is very minimal and I would highly suggest installing on Linux. 

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
vish123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi TreySmith,

Thank you very much for your reply. This is useful info.