cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Dynatrace embedding in Qlik Sense app.

We've been trying to embed Dynatrace into Qlik Sense with the help of Dynatrace support without much success. They provided us with the following snippet which we included in hub.html just to prove it can be done, but we get a 404 error from the server when the script is processed. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="/ruxitagentjs_xxxx.js" data-dtconfig="yyyyy/ruxitagentjs_xxxx.js"></script>

Then I found an excellent Knowledge Base article by @Sonja_Bauernfeind that shows how to embed monitoring tools such as DynaTrace on Qlik Sense. (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-embed-monitoring-tools-such-as-Dynatrace-in-Qlik... It provides the following snippet: 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://test.dynatrace.com/..._complete.js" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

As you can see, the example given in this article differs from what Dynatrace gave us in several ways, most notably the Dynatrace-provided script specifies a relative path to the src .js while the Qlik-provided script specifies a "full" URL. 

So my question is this.. is it possible to use a snippet that contains a relative path or does Dynatrace need to be running on a different server/service? Please pardon my ignorance of web services. Has anyone been able to get a Dynatrace integration to work with either approach?

Kind regards,

Steven

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Replies
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Update: Dynatrace support gave us a snippet that uses a non-relative path to the instrumenting script (as in the second example above) and I can see in the browser console that the script is being loaded.

But now the issue is that the script itself is apparently trying to make calls to Dynatrace (on the same server as the Qlik engine) and it receiving 404 URL unknown errors. This indicates to me that Dynatrace has to be running on the Qlik server.  Thoughts? 

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Another update: According to Dynatrace support, what the instrumentation script is doing is dynamically creating (addressable?) objects on the Qlik server and attempting to access them but, Dynatrace claims, that Qlik is somehow removing or blocking access to those objects. Or perhaps Qlik simply doesn't know about the objects so can't serve them up? 

I don't understand how this could ever work.. and yet there's that Knowledge Base article.