Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Edit Dashboard on Qliksense Cloud

Hi All,

We are using Qliksense cloud. 

There are few dashboards developed by other users. When an new user tries to edit the Dashboard, it says, cannot edit because the dashboard is been published. However, when I make a copy of the dashboard, I am able to edit.

Can some one please advice what would be the reason?

Thank you,

John

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Replies
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Think this might be a combination of publishing to a Managed Space and permissions.  Check out the qlik help section on managed spaces.  It might answer your question.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/working-in-manage...

Duplicating/copying the app gives it a new UID so it isn't tied to that published document chain

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day John,

I've also been trying to get my head around this topic. Here's a summary of my current understanding:

• if you're working in your Personal space, then you can edit the load script and the sheets without restriction. No one else can access the app
  • if you're working in a shared space, then anyone who has access to the space can edit the load script but for the UI, you need to 'Make Public' for other people to see the sheet and 'Make Private' for you to edit the sheet
  • if you're working in a managed space, then no one can edit the load script but 'Make Public' and 'Make Private' work in the same way as above.

I hope this is helpful info.

Cheers,

Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant