cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Export app to a local drive

After upgrading to QSEoW August 2023 we noticed that there is an additional option when exporting an App through the QMC. 

shaun_lombard_0-1697420009659.png

Does anyone know of a way to force the "Export app to a local drive" permanently? We do not want users to be able to export apps to the Qlik central node due to potential disk space issues.

I know I can disable bulk export (QMC_APP_BULK_EXPORT) but I'd prefer to remove the option completely.

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@shaun_lombard 

Hello Shaun, I wanted to reach out to you regarding your question about being able to make sure all exports go to the Local device. Unfortunally at this time, there is not an option to have this check box removed within the Capabilities.json file, but I do understand your use case regarding the space on the Central node. I would suggest that you make a post on our https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-ideation section stating the reason so that we might be able to get that implemented.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@shaun_lombard 

Hello Shaun, I wanted to reach out to you regarding your question about being able to make sure all exports go to the Local device. Unfortunally at this time, there is not an option to have this check box removed within the Capabilities.json file, but I do understand your use case regarding the space on the Central node. I would suggest that you make a post on our https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-ideation section stating the reason so that we might be able to get that implemented.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!