Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchittigsk
Contributor
Contributor

Folder connection share

Hi,

I disabled default security rule 'FolderDataConnection' which provisions only default admins in the system to create folder data connections.

And i mimic the above security rule to provision all users in the system to be able to create folder data connections except 2 groups like below,

resource.type = "folder" and (user.group!="BIgroup1" or user.group!="BIgroup2") - Not working

resource.type = "folder" and user.group!="BIgroup1" or user.group!="BIgroup2" - Not working

(resource.type = "folder" and (user.group!="BIgroup1" or user.group!="BIgroup2")) - Not working

resource.type = "folder" and ((user.group!="BIgroup1" or user.group!="BIgroup2")) - Not working

but rule works if, i pass only one group like below

resource.type = "folder" and user.group!="BIgroup1"  - Working

resource.type = "folder" and (user.group!="BIgroup1") - Working

could some one help me how this could make work with more than one group/user set?

Thanks,

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Ramesh,

This style of rule is working perfectly fine on my side:

• Filter: DataConnection_*
  • Actions: Create
  • Conditions: ((resource.type="folder") and (user.group!="Sales" or user.group!="HR"))
  • Context: Hub

Attempt that style of syntax. If that doesn't resolve things, when convenient, restart the Repository Service on all nodes to flush out the cache of security rules. I ask that last part because on older builds and especially on Synchronized Persistence, there were caching issues there.

Hope that helps.

rchittigsk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Levi,

unfortunately this doesn't works for me.

I use same condition as you recommended
((resource.type="folder") and (user.group!="Sales" or user.group!="HR")) and also restarted QRS but, no luck.

is there any other possible reasons that i can quickly verify.

Additional details:

QS Version: February 2018

Persistence model: Shared

Varient: Enterprise edition

Thanks,

Ramesh

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

That should work so long as the user is not a member of those two groups. For your side, you will want to adjust the group names to match whatever the user's belong to on your side.

I'd also encourage using the Audit functionality to get an overview of all the rules at play.

If that does not resolve things then you are certainly welcome to create a case with Qlik Support. From the Support perspective we have a very limited role in writing rules for customers, but we can try to add value.