Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbchurchill
Creator
Creator

Google Chrome - ERROR: (400 error)

I'm curious if others have seen this error and if they have any advice for us. The odd thing is that this happens to some users and not others. I do not experience the issue for example but I know of at least 3 colleagues in our organization that are experiencing the problem where with google chrome, they get a white screen of death showing just the white page with the single word ERROR on it (see the screenshot below). I've recommended that these users clear cache and cookies but they have done so and have restarted the computers multiple times and still encounter this error. In some cases using Firefox or an incognito window, they have been able to get around the problem but I think one  of the three even reported that they had an issue when using Firefox. Let me know if you have suggestions.

WSOD (400 error)WSOD (400 error)

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

@jbchurchill -- 400 is a pretty generic error, you can Google it and tons of things can cause it.  I'd suggest running Developer Tools in Chrome while you try to open the hub, and see if it gives you a more details error.

View solution in original post

jbchurchill
Creator
Creator
Author

I meant to update this earlier today. We met this morning and we had someone from the networking group in IT and he determined that it was related to a signature in a Web Application Firewall and he was able to set an exception for it. I think we are all good right now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@jbchurchill -- 400 is a pretty generic error, you can Google it and tons of things can cause it.  I'd suggest running Developer Tools in Chrome while you try to open the hub, and see if it gives you a more details error.

jbchurchill
Creator
Creator
Author

I meant to update this earlier today. We met this morning and we had someone from the networking group in IT and he determined that it was related to a signature in a Web Application Firewall and he was able to set an exception for it. I think we are all good right now.