Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspencer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How can I see the user that logs into the repository database?

How can I find the username being used for the Qlik Sense Repository database? We've had to change the service accounts being used do to security policies but I am being alerted a failed login is still occurring. My guess is it's the database.

2 Replies
anat
Master
Master

User accounts for the logging database

Two user accounts, which use PostgreSQL password authentication, are automatically created during Qlik Sense installation. User account qlogs_writer is used internally by the logging service to write to the database. In fact, this user owns the logging database QLogs. User account qlogs_reader is used by the monitoring apps to read from the database. There is also a user account called qlogs_users, which is basically a group. It does not have a password and cannot be used to access the database. It exists only for the purpose of managing network access to the PostgreSQL database.

The system administrator can change the passwords for these database users directly from PostgreSQL. The logging service must also be updated with the new passwords using the update or setup command

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@sspencer

Have you changed the user for all the QlikSense services? If so you have to follow the instructions below. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Service-Account-requirements-and-how-to-change-th...