Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos
Partner - Contributor III

How can i disable logfile in Qlik Sense?

hi all,

I noticed that the folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\ and C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs\<server>\Script are growing a lot and we are beginning to have problems with disk space. How can i disable logfile for the app reloads?

I make some tests with the log options at QMC, but none affected these logs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

7 Replies
marcos
Author

After investigating this case with support boys, it seems that at this moment can not disable these logs in Qlik Sense 2.1.1 and earlier. Maybe in next version ...

Regards.

gadwinjer

You can prevent from writing logs by changing the rights of log folder for the account you use. Juste set "write" to "refuse" or something like this, it's "refuser" in french.

johannva
Contributor II
Contributor II

I've attempted to use this workaround, but it appears that Qlik Sense switches to creating the same file at C:\Windows\QlikView.log.  We are on version 2.2.4 and there still appears to be no way to disable these logs.  In apps that use looping functionality, each reload can take up 1gb of disk space.  Has anyone heard of progress on adding functionality to disable (or at least reduce verbosity) of these logs in Qlik Sense server?

Thanks!

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I don't know about how to disable the logs. I think it currently is not possible.

But maybe manipulating the logs can help you. Like the location to put the logs for example. Take a look at this help file article; maybe it can help you:

Local log configuration file ‒ Qlik Sense

May you live in interesting times!
johannva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Onno.  Any chance you know what service directory to save the xml file and the logger.name to use for the scripting service (ie - system.engine, system.scripting) ?  I'm assuming it is part of the engine service but disabling all engine logging int he qmc had no impact on the log files.

Regards

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Sorry, I don't have hands on experience with it.

This topic just happen to come up during (my) training today and I figured I should forward the knowledge.

May you live in interesting times!
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Any update regarding this request using the latest version Sept 2017 ?