Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to set QlikSense QMC Task Max retries.

I want to set QlikSense QMC Task Max retries, but how many can I set?

What kind of problem will occur if the setting value is set large?

I want to set it to an appropriate value.

please how
Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Max retries is capped at 20.

The larger this number is, the more time you'll spend trying to reload this app. If there's something preventing this app from reloading the first time, and it's not temporary or fixed, this means your server will expend resources trying to do it up to 20 additional times (including using up a reload slot, RAM for the app, CPU, bandwidth, etc). This could also result in the app reloading well outside its intended time frame, which in the case of some apps can be a problem.

Concurrent-Reload-Settings-in-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Max retries is capped at 20.

The larger this number is, the more time you'll spend trying to reload this app. If there's something preventing this app from reloading the first time, and it's not temporary or fixed, this means your server will expend resources trying to do it up to 20 additional times (including using up a reload slot, RAM for the app, CPU, bandwidth, etc). This could also result in the app reloading well outside its intended time frame, which in the case of some apps can be a problem.

Concurrent-Reload-Settings-in-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise 

Albert_Candelario

As @Or  said if you try to add a value higher than 20 it will display a pop-up saying that the value needs to be equal or less than 20.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Albert_Candelario

Regarding the appropriate value it might depends on the scenario, but I would say 3 is a reasonable value, if the task still fails, you then need to understand what is happening and if thee is any underlying issue that needs to be resolved.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer