Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LVDC_Ash
Contributor II
Contributor II

Import user WITH PASSWORD via ODBC Excel

Hi,

I would like to import users to Qlik Sense. I want to import around 100 users and passwords from an Excel file (seems simple at first).

I have created an User Directory Connector and configured as an Excel (via ODBC). The structure of the excel file used is as bellow :

Sheet “utilisateurs”

userid

name

password

nps1

nps1

Toto123

nps2

nps2

Toto123

nps3

nps3

Toto123

Sheet “valeurs”

userid

type

value

nps1

group

grp_NPS

nps2

group

grp_NPS

nps3

group

grp_NPS

The users get imported with the right group, everything is active, I allocate them to my license . All good.

LVDC_Ash_0-1674554790436.png

LVDC_Ash_1-1674554790466.png

BUT, when I try to test the accounts and see if the users can access the application, it doesn’t work. There is no specific message, the login popup just appears again when I enter a username and the password.

LVDC_Ash_2-1674554957788.png

Does somebody have any idea why ?  Personnaly,  I don’t think it imported the passwords properly. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @LVDC_Ash as discussed, I checked on this and looks to be working as designed. Check Bastien's statement here 

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @LVDC_Ash as discussed, I checked on this and looks to be working as designed. Check Bastien's statement here 

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
LVDC_Ash
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you. I guess we will have to work with another authentification system.