Yesterday I attempted to install a real, signed certificate on our Sense server as detailed here:
Unfortunately, after that was done, I couldn't get in via either SSL or regular HTTP. When I attempted to get in via SSL I would get a server not responding error, and when attempting via HTTP I was asked for my credentials three times before being presented with a blank white screen. This was when connecting to either hub or qmc.
I'm not looking for how to get in and fix it - We're just going to restore from backup and start over. I just want to know how to do it right!
Do I need to remove the spaces from the thumbprint when I paste it into the QMC? Anything else that might not be obvious to someone (me) who isn't really much of a Windows admin?
Two possible reasons for this...
1. incorrect certificate type... make sure it has a Purpose of "Server Authentication" and Key Usage of "Digital Signature & Key Enciphement"
2. Make sure that the Service Account being used for the Qlik Services has permissions to access the Private Key.
How to Modify Private Key Permissions to Support Management Server or Streaming Server | Microsoft D...
1. The Certificate or one of the Certificates in its Issuing Chain has to be in the Trusted Root on the Computer you are using. (Public certificate Authorities such as DigiCert, Comodo etc are already in the Trusted Root by default) If you are using a Internal CA for the SSL Cert then it will need to be trusted by your end users
2. The Certificate needs to have a "Subject Name" or "Subject Alternative Name" (SAN) that matches the server/Domain Component of the URL you are using to access the server. e.g SAN of dns=server.domain.com
3. The Certificate & Private Key need to be installed in the Servers Personal (\My) Certificate Store
4. The Service account Running the Qlik Sense Proxy Service Needs to have Permissions on the Private Key to read it.
5. The thumbprint of the certificate needs to be added to the proxy.
(having a valid Certificate and then using https://localhost will show not secure)
Sorry for Inconvenience.. the IT person didn't installed SSL in server properly.
I re-installed SSL certificate in the server then copied thumbprint to Qlik proxy setting & its working...
Thanks for your time...
The below-mentioned link consists of step by step process of installing SSL certificate in Qlik sense server. Please make sure that you didn't miss any step.
Local IT team provided the SSL certificate to me.
Ping me if you have any doubts regarding this.