Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II

Installing same Qlik Sense licence on new server

Good morning,

i've got Qlik Sense November 2020 installed on my server.

Now we are evaluating the set up of a new and better server to use for Qlik.

I will download, on the new server, the Qlik Sense version NOVEMBER 2022.

When all will be ready i will insert the same Licence key on the new downloaded version of Qlik.

Once done... Will it work fine after it? Foe example the client authentification link will remain the same?

Thanks

C.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Carlaf_93 ,

The license should work fine with no issues, but if you want to migrate all the apps, content,... kindly please do review:
Migrating Qlik Sense Enterprise Like a Boss - Qlik Community - 1824119

If is also highly recommended to engaged with our Professional Services to ensure a successful and smoothly migration.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93 

Thanks for posting your query.

I hope you are upgrading the version. If you are upgrading the version then you need not apply license since it will get updated itself just the version change and rest all the settings in Qlik Sense will remain the same.

If you are installing a fresh Qlik Sense latest version and then you will have to apply license and make changes accordingly.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm talking about the second options.

So i will need to complete the Qmc areas and then it will work fine.

Thanks

C

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Carlaf_93 ,

Could you ask more context on "Foe example the client authentification link will remain the same?"

You mean the link to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop to the Server? If you do, if using a new server, the link would very likely change.

If you were referring to another topic, please do let us know.

Cheers,

Albert

Albert_Candelario

@Carlaf_93 

Do you have nay news?

Cheers,

Albert

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

i will explain better.

I've got this machine (machine A) with Qlik Sense November 2020. The license and the website  are , for example, XXXXXX011 and t 'qlik.website.com'.

I'm setting up a new machine (machine B) where i will install Qlik Sense November 2022. After installing it i will insert the same licence here (XXXXXX011 ).

After installing the licence i will set up all the qmc areas with the same data of the old one (machine A).

Will it work well after this?

The Qlik on the first machine will 'expire' and it willl work on the new one, right?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Carlaf_93 ,

The license should work fine with no issues, but if you want to migrate all the apps, content,... kindly please do review:
Migrating Qlik Sense Enterprise Like a Boss - Qlik Community - 1824119

If is also highly recommended to engaged with our Professional Services to ensure a successful and smoothly migration.

Cheers,

Albert