cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Isolate Test and Prod Folders

By default, all application after upload are stored in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Is there a option to separate applications in two directories in the same Qlik Sense Server? Like a mounted folder in Qlikview Server.

Example:

C:\Dev - Development Applications - Stream Dev - Security Rule DevUsers

C:\Prod - Production Enviroment - Stream Prod - Security Rule ProdUsers

gno, mto, rwunderlich, can help?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Ricardo,

Remember that in Sense you import the QVF files, you don't longer have to leave apps on a folder structure like Qlikview.  It does create a file type that might be use as reference ( in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps) for the QRS, and I do not see that's changeable.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Ricardo,

Remember that in Sense you import the QVF files, you don't longer have to leave apps on a folder structure like Qlikview.  It does create a file type that might be use as reference ( in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps) for the QRS, and I do not see that's changeable.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you REALLY-REALLY want to keep your Sense Apps in separate folders, you may, with some limitations:

- These applications won't appear in the Hub. You can only open them by dragging the QVF file from the folder onto the Sense Desktop.

- You can modify and save the Apps, and they will be saved in the corresponding folders.

- I recall there was an issue with using the same App on multiple open tabs, but I don't recall exactly what it was...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com