Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

Let end users duplicate my app once it is published

Hi,

I have created an app and have published it into a stream for our end users to view and interact with our dashboard. Now, I have a few users who would like to duplicate the app (from the stream) into their personal workflow in order to add/delete and edit the dashboard. Problem is that my users are stating they are unable to duplicate the application from the stream into their workflow. After some research, I've concluded that only the owner of the app can duplicate an app and the only way to bypass this is giving them the QMC control? I'm baffled as this does not seem efficient nor effective. Wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what steps were taken to go around this?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

Since Qlik Sense June 2018 it is possible to duplicate apps owned by others from the hub but not by default. 

You need to create a security rule for these user giving "Duplicate" permission on that application.

Hope this help!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi Bastien, thanks for the info.

As you stated, I created a one-off rule for a specific user to be able to duplicate apps in a stream. Now when my user goes into the hub, they see the app but upon opening (also for creating apps), they get the "no access pass" error. Any idea what gives?