Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bensca04
Contributor III
Contributor III

Losing private sheets

Hi experts,

I have the following problem: There is user A and user B. User A is the owner of an app and user B changed the owner from A to B in the QMC. He dublicated the app and made adjustments in the app. Then user B published the app (overwriting the existent app). After that he changed the owner again from B to A in the QMC. But than all private (not published) sheets moved from user B to A...

How can I avoid this?

Thanks for your hints!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I understand, but the user B's right to publish and replace an published application owned by A could be fixed by adding security rights to user B. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What if you change your workflow.

1. Do not change ownership of App, let user A still be the owner.
  2. Duplicate app (make sure User B is owner of the new app)
  3. User B makes changes to the duplicated app
  4. User B or A publishes the duplicated app by replacing the orignal app. 

This should not change ownership to the private sheets.

bensca04
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your answer. The problem could be in step 4.

- User B cannot publish the duplicated app by replacing the orignal app if user A is owner of the original app.

- User A needs to be the owner of the duplicated app to publish it by replacing the orignal app. But than an action of user A is necessary and user B can't wait until user A is back from vacation 😉

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I understand, but the user B's right to publish and replace an published application owned by A could be fixed by adding security rights to user B. 

bensca04
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did not know that! Great thank you!! This helps!