cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Mashup Printing from within Qlik Sense dashboard

I developed a printable multipage mashup, containing graphs from a certain Qlik Sense dashboard and designed to nicely fit onto a4 format.

It all prints very nicely, everything is working well but the issue is that it's not user friendly. The user has to open the mashup from within Qlik Sense, has to hit print, and needs to go through the print dialog of their browser.

I want the user to be able to hit a button in my dashboard that somehow prints the mashup to a PDF file to make it more user friendly. Does anyone know whether this is possible and if so, how this can be done?

Thanks in advance, Javier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can make the page print nicely by using a print css inside your mashup. That way you can make sure to only print the actual page and not every part of your mashup. For example you can make a "Print" button that basically does the same as ctrl+p, but doesn't show up in the pdf itself.

I also know certain people are working on a qlik sense extension that basically prints a perfect pdf using your qlik data (you can use qlik objects or just the data). Unfortunately this isn't live yet and it would probably be an extension you would have to pay for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Maybe you could use something like this extension?

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5b50796196fea8f460d34a10

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
adrianfer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi! Would you mind sharing how you were able to make the mashup page print nicely in A4?

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can make the page print nicely by using a print css inside your mashup. That way you can make sure to only print the actual page and not every part of your mashup. For example you can make a "Print" button that basically does the same as ctrl+p, but doesn't show up in the pdf itself.

I also know certain people are working on a qlik sense extension that basically prints a perfect pdf using your qlik data (you can use qlik objects or just the data). Unfortunately this isn't live yet and it would probably be an extension you would have to pay for.